The student news site of the Mojo Nation

Mojo Messenger

Homecoming King

Young receives crown during bonfire

Members of the homecoming court, Taylor Thompson, Jack Feldt and Taran Butler gather around the newly crowned 2014 Homecoming King Cody Young at the bonfire. Photo by Brianna Solis.

Hannah Silvas and Chelsey Squiers, Sports Editor and Staff Writer

Last week at the traditional Permian bonfire the homecoming court came out and this year’s 2014 homecoming king was announced.

Senior Cody Young was crowned homecoming king. Young is involved with many organizations. He is a varsity lineman for the football team, a student in the AVID program and he is in choir.

“I am very excited, really thankful for everyone’s votes and I am honored to be this year’s

homecoming king,” Young said.

Other members of the court were gracious in their defeat.

“I’m happy for him. It is something that is supposed to be friendly and fun. Nothing to take serious or personally. I’m glad he got it,” Senior  Taylor Thompson, homecoming king nominee, said.

1 Comment

One Response to “Homecoming King”

1. www.w3ightl055.com on October 21st, 2014 6:45 pm

Appreciating the persistence you put into your website and in depth information you present.
    It’s great to come across a blog every once in a while that isn’t the same old rehashed information. Excellent
    read! I’ve bookmarked your site and I’m including your RSS feeds to my Google account.

[Reply]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

Homecoming King