Mojo Messenger

• September 5Yearbooks are available at www.Walsworthyearbooks.com. The price is $65 until Jan. 1.

• September 5Lifetouch will be taking retake pictures Nov. 1. Picture Day ID: GE508028Y1.

The Money Fight: Mayweather VS McGregor

Randy Abbott, Sports Editor

***Opinion pieces reflect the opinion of the writer only, and not the opinion of the newspaper staff, student body, administration or school faculty.***

Conor McGregor shocked the boxing world Aug. 26 as he lasted 10 rounds in the “Money Fight”. This was really impressive because he is not a boxer, he is a MMA fighter. What was the most impressive part of the fight was the fact that he faced a undefeated boxer for this being his first boxing fight.

The fight started out in favor of McGregor as it looked like he was really going to knock Mayweather out in the first four rounds, as he said he was going to do. Like the season veteran Mayweather is, he scouted out McGregor.

Mayweather allowed McGregor to get tired early in the fight. Mayweather would win the fight by a TKO. This would make Mayweather the first fighter to become 50-0 in the sport of boxing.

In the match McGregor landed at least 111 punches in the fight to Mayweather’s 170 punches. McGregor landed more punches than Manny Pacquiao when Pacquiao faced Mayweather back in May of 2014.

At the end of the fight Mayweather said, “He’s a lot better than I thought he was. He used different angles. He was a tough competitor, but I was the better man tonight.”

The big question as of right now is what is next for Conor McGregor. Will he return to the UFC or will he try to have another round at boxing.

I believe that the fight was stopped to early in the 10th round. McGregor may have been tired since he has never gone past 5 rounds in a fight, but he was still showing some life and I believe he could have won the fight with a TKO or KO in the 11th or 12th round in the fight.

Since McGregor went to Mayweather’s house, Mayweather should go to McGregor’s house, the UFC.

1 Comment

One Response to “The Money Fight: Mayweather VS McGregor”

1. jessie on October 1st, 2018 12:55 pm

Conor is a bad boxer and will get messed up this weekend against khabib

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

The student news site of the Mojo Nation
The Money Fight: Mayweather VS McGregor