The Good, The Bad, The Social

Student sees social media as new societal norm

Breana Scott, Staff Writer

***Opinion pieces reflect the opinion of the writer only, and not the opinion of the newspaper staff, student body, administration or school faculty.***

As we look around we see phones in almost everyone’s hands, young and old. They are taking a photo, playing a game, scrolling through social media, or texting a friend. Our world is in the technology era and it has been there for a while now. We all want the new and improved things. Everyone wants the latest gadget to show off, that’s just how it is and that’s how it will be.
One of the things we get so caught up on in our lives is our phones. Social media takes a big part of most of society’s lives, individuals get on social media daily, sometimes more than twice. Social media has both positive and negative parts to it. Like everything in our world it will not be one-hundred percent safe or clean, but nothing is. People do not realize that the things you hear on T.V. or at school are getting worse. So no, social media isn’t that bad, it’s how the user uses it.
I do understand that there are going to be a lot of people to abuse it. Quite honestly, I think there are more people that want to use it to their advantage so they aren’t going to use it negatively. The benefits to it are that you can search one word and get an idea from the simplest things. You can now share ideas with someone on the other side of the world, or even connect with someone. In one night if you manage your page right you can become famous. Everything on social media moves so fast, good or bad. It’s interesting because it is connecting the world. It’s the future.
Social media is pretty much our future. We depend on it these days. I think social media is whatever aspect you look at it with. I think it is interesting since we can learn different styles, views, and culture. It is just a way you can learn and express yourself to millions or hundreds of people.