The student news site of the Mojo Nation

Mojo Messenger

Soccer Season Ends in Playoffs

Both teams end season in 1st round of playoffs

Hannah Silvas, Sports Editor

The Panthers soccer teams’ district season has come to an end. Both girls and boys teams ended up clinching a playoffs spot. The girls soccer team had a record of 7-3 and the boys had a record of 4-6. Both teams were extremely excited to have the opportunity to get to playoffs.

Senior Emily Thomas said, “I feel great about this season as a whole. We really proved people wrong about us since we lost so many people last year. Yes this year was an amazing year, especially with this group of girls.”

The girls soccer team ended up losing against Fort Worth Paschal with a score of 3-1.

“I feel sad to be going, but proud to say that was part of a great group if girls and that I had one of the best coaches out there to teach me how to become a better player,” Thomas said. “I’m also very excited for the new upcoming year to be playing at UTPB. This year was great and I’ll miss all the great people,” Thomas added.

The boys soccer team has also had to work hard to get to a chance to play in the playoffs.

Senior Tristan Jones said that going into playoffs his senior year was an “amazing experience” since he didn’t get the opportunity to go to playoffs last year.

The boys soccer team ended up losing to Arlington Sam Houston with a score of 1-0.