Thirty-eight make Region Choir

Two singers take first chairs

Bailee Fuller, Staff Writer

Permian’s choir in all region
After a summer of camps, weeks of sectionals, and Monday night rehearsals, Permian had 38 students make it in the high school Region Choir, five Alternates, 20 Advance to pre-area, and two first chairs.
 “I was extremely proud that so many of our students were prepared today to audition. Remember, it is as much about the process as it is about the results,” Choir director Aaron Hawley said. “We were more prepared for this audition than we have been in years.” 

Sophomore Keely Kirk of Alto 2 and junior Joshua Smiley of Bass 1 ended up taking first chair.

Here are the rest of results of the All Region Choir Competition:

Soprano 1: Raeslyn Miller, Shaylea Loveless, Nadya Munoz, Tristan Wood, Kelsey Whitfield and Grace Henry.

Soprano 2: Alexis Allen, Deja Bryant, Samantha Duckworth, Lauryn Escalante and Abigail Arnold.

Alto 1: Ashton Aranda, Karley Gray, Mya Parker, Charity Vore, Lauren Simmons, Mercedez Mendoza and Cynthia Hernandez.

Alto 2: Keely Kirk, Megan Freeman, Clarissa Darnell and Abby Bavousett.

Tenor 1: Lathen Fredrick, Kennison Vardeman, CJ Lacy, Uziel Garcia and Taylor Sullivan, with Luis Ibarra and Conner Dobbs as alternates.

Tenor 2: Damian Christian and Ron Arrubio, with Brennon Saurer as an alternate.

Bass 1: Joshua Smiley, Tanor Johnson, Ossie Roland, Davis Clarke, Alejandro Tarango and Jomi Allbright, with Colby Nabarrette and Oscar Velasquez as alternates.

Bass 2: Ben Corman, Brendel Bell and Jacob Spenser, with Trenton Robinson as an alternate.

Those that advanced to the Area competition will compete in January.