Captain America: Civil War

A review over Marvels latest add-on to it’s franchise.

Marvel Entertainment

Kade McNutt, Editor-N-Chief

***Opinion pieces reflect the opinion of the writer only, and not the opinion of the newspaper staff, student body, administration or school faculty.***

The third installment to the Captain America series was one to remember. They took out all the stops to stun the audience, and it worked. Everyone in the audience ‘oohed’ and ‘ahhed’ at all the pivotal moments, including myself. Altogether this would go in my top ten favorite movies, with the amount of action, the amazing actors, and the introduction of three new characters to the Avengers.
The action was almost non-stop, except for the heartbreak between friends and the team breaking apart. Bucky should’ve just left and gone to space to avoid all this drama with Hydra instead of just staying in Europe causing havoc for everyone he meets. But with his arm he could’ve taken all the stops to protect his bro-mance with Steve Rogers instead of letting Tony beat the stars off of his uniform.
Next the actors that returned and the ones that were brought to the spotlight were simply amazing. My top three actors that returned would have to be Scarlett Johansson, Elizabeth Olsen, and Chris Evans. Then the new actors that I fell in love with were Tom Holland, Chadwick Boseman, and Daniel Bruhl. Speaking on Tom Holland, his portrayal of Spider-Man was one of the best that I’ve seen, and I’ve seen all of the Spider-Man movies. He nailed every key element of that character, so much it made my heart stop a couple times.
Black Panther, Ant-Man, and Spider-Man were introduced in this movie along with Iron Patriot, but he’s already been in an Iron Man movie so he doesn’t really count as new to me. All three of these characters have advanced the Marvel brand in my opinion, and I can’t wait for them to introduce other influential characters to the brand!