World Waits to See What Happens With Travel Ban

Student reflects on executive order currently held up in courts

Randy Abbott, Sports Editor

***Opinion pieces reflect the opinion of the writer only, and not the opinion of the newspaper staff, student body, administration or school faculty.***

President Donald Trump signed an executive order to ban all refugees from entering the United States for 90 days. This order was signed on January 27, 2017.

After the announcement of the Travel Ban it would bring a lot of controversy to the executive order. Since the order was announced there have been a lot of protests to let the refugees come to America and be able to live a normal life. On February 3, 2017 the order was challenged by numerous lawsuits, including state of Washington v. Trump. This blocked much of the executive order pending further litigation. The disputes center on the constitutionality and legality of the executive order. As of Right now some of the refugees can still enter in the United States.

I believe the travel ban is not right. I believe that America is the land of the free. America should let the refugees come over so they get to start their lives over and be able to live their life in a normal way. Since the Trump Administration is hesitant about the refugees coming to America there is a couple of ways they can check the people coming over.

Libya,Syria,Iran,Yeman,Sudan,and Somalia are effected in the travel ban and people from the countries can not enter the United States for 90 days. I think in the future that there will be more countries effected by the travel ban. I think that Mexico will be effected by the travel ban in the coming future.

America was founded on the principles of the land of the free. The Statue of Liberty was a gift from France in 1886. The statue represents immigrants from other countries coming to America to find a new life and accomplish their dreams. America is the land of opportunity and the land of freedom.

Since Trump Administration does not want refugees in America here are somethings that could make the refugee crisis better without a travel ban. They could make all the refugees that are coming over have to do a back ground check. This would help see who the criminals and the dangerous people that are coming from Syria. If they have a criminal record they should not be allowed to come to America. By doing this America can separate the bad refugees from the good ones. Not all refugees are bad people.

By doing this it would help make the refugee process better and easy to handle. It will be easy to handle if the right person was in control.