Football Season Wraps Up in Playoffs

Hannah Silvas, Sports Editor

After falling short to Euless Trinity the panthers 2014 football season has come to an end. During playoffs the Panthers made it to the regional competition.

“I feel good about how far we made it. We put a couple of numbers on the board and played our hardest,” Senior Tyler Tomlinson said.

In the first round of playoffs the Panthers played against Arlington Sam Houston at Ratliff Stadium. The Panthers pulled off a win of (30-7). Afterwards, they went to round two to face Amarillo Tascosa in Lubbock. The Panthers, after being down 28-14 at half time, came back to win with a score of 49-28. In the game against Euless Trinity the Panthers ended up losing 42-14. Trinity ended up going to the next round four of the playoff where they lost to Allen High School 30-27. The Panthers record improved from last year’s 4-6 to a record this year of 9-4 and making it to regionals of the playoffs.

“Overall for this program we made a huge step, and going through everything we did last year we made it even better,” Senior Health Wood said.

“I think as a whole we had a very good team with a lot of work ethic and determination. We played our hardest every single game until it was over no matter what the score was. We had a few ups and downs throughout the seasons but as a team we adjusted and made things happen.” Senior Tyler Tomlinson said.

This season coming to an end is bitter sweet for the Panthers. There are many seniors leaving and moving on to their college careers.

Senior Taran Butler said that he “plans to attend Texas Tech and study biology.”

The seniors are sad that their high school football career has ended.

Tomlinson said, “It’s extremely hard to face the fact that my career as a Permian football player has ended. We’ve all given everything to the program and now it’s time to move on to bigger things. I will always remember the team and the guys that I fought for. We became much more than friends and I wouldn’t have wanted to end a season with anyone else.”